Friday, October 15, 2010

Split Screen

Split Screen opens a new tab and prompts the user for two URL's, then displays both sites on one page. Great for cross-reference studying and surfing the web in general! Watch a video, (or wait for it to buffer) while you surf another webpage.




This extension took alot of developing to get right, and is not 100% how I would like it, however, it is limited in its design because of https:// sites refusing to be put into frames... that being said, around 95% of websites will work with split screen. I use this extension almost everyday! when studying it is a dream! There is a notepad installed in the opening screen to allow a window for browsing and one to take notes... Very handy if I do say so myself!
Download this extension here

3 comments:

  1. Nice extension, but...

    if I have 5 tabs and I am reading tab no. 3
    is it possible when I click Split Screen icon in Chrome, Split Screen put in left area tab no.3 (current) and in right area tab no.4, or if I have 2 tabs and I am watching tab no.2 he detects that and in right area put tab no.1?

    You extension display Split Screen Options, than I have to set default left frame url and right too, instead displaying current reading tab and next/previous tab. Something like this extension

    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/divided-view/kmnjiinakomgmgpgcagcklchnpbififk

    although not working very well.

    Setting Horizontal/Vertical Start Page not necessary because you already have toggle button - two arrows.

    good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. ###########################
    Split Screen Improvement
    ###########################

    Hi Dave

    Excellent work with Split Screen. Would it be possible to allow the extension to Auto Refresh each split individually. I use the extension to source information from multiple sites to create a Dashboard but some of the websites need to be Auto Refreshed. What do you think ?

    Cheers. Thanks again
    I would happily donate if

    ReplyDelete
  3. Control the break of any recording inside Movement 5 and look as 3D sections and shards fly by the camera. inMotion3D Smash's movement is programmed and adjustable, so clients essentially need to drag, drop a generator into the course of events, apply their media to the Drop Zone, and look as it breakes. Motion 5 Effects

    ReplyDelete